Today is the lucky day! The good byes were very brief but what I needed to keep everything in check...I am already imagining the excitement upon my return...that will be much more enjoyable!
There's so much to do in the next 24 hours but my body is giving out on me...I am hopeful for some much needed sleep on the plane to try to keep a nasty sinus cold in check....if it doesn't get any worse I'll be good but I'm afraid that's not going to be the case. Tylenol, take me away!!!
While there is much work left to do before knowing what I will be doing in Malatya, Turkey, the goal is working to improve the textile industry. Textile? Yes, textile...don't you remember that my past life included retail sales with Maurices and Myhre's. I don't think I was assigned to this project because of my retail experience from 20 years ago. In fact not many people know about it since that professional experience has long been scratched from my resume. Maybe I was assigned because of my expertise and love for shopping!!!??? Ah yes! I'm excited to see what knowledge my team (Pallavi and Charlie) and I can apply to make improvements in this industry. In gaining understanding of the industry we will have to witness, first hand, today's processes...how lucky I am to get to spend hours at the markets!!!? :)
Stay tuned...I love how it seems a plan is coming together perfectly!!! :)