Monday, October 4, 2010

The Zone...(not ESPN)

Nervous YIKES!  I've entered the final week of work before my adventure begins.  I started looking at the blogs of my team mates and I instantly started to feel a pit in my stomach.  Anxiety is running pretty high and I don't expect any relief for at least the next week or so!  As one of my team mates reflects upon the upcoming assignment and states "almost there"...I wondered if he meant "almost in Turkey" or he's almost achieved his CSC goal for engaging in new things and get out of his "comfort zone".  Whether he meant one, both or neither of those...for what I have interpreted, I AM ALMOST THERE on all fronts!  I've been working hard to layout the home and work life in preparation for my leaving.  This has been almost therapeutic for someone who has a need to maintain control.  I am on the very edge of my comfort zone, realizing that very soon there will be little I can control.  I know and understand what I've got here at home, the unknown of what's to come four days from now is a little nerve racking.

Filled with mixed emotions as I am excited to meet the great team of IBMers I've been working with for the past two months, I am scared about the good bye with my family at home.  Friday is sure to be the start of some significant personal challenges...