Thursday, September 30, 2010
Burning the midnight oil...
Well, this is not unfamiliar territory for me to be up until wee hours of the morning cramming for the next big thing. It seems my brain doesn't kick into high gear until I'm closing in on the ninth hour. Maybe that's my excuse for my usual procrastination!? I find myself to be somewhat of a planner (don't laugh, I just plan a little ;) ). While I can "go with the flow" I like to have things planned out. I'm kind of feeling right now that my Turkey plan is a mess! My belongings are in piles around the house, papers about Turkey are stacked in numerous piles, the list of to dos are numerous and growing! The things that are accomplished: Passport in hand, shots completed, Skype installed and configured and tunes loaded on my mp3 player....ah, sounds like I'm ready for the getaway! One would think I'd learn when to call it enough and keep things in better balance. I'm beginning to believe that although often exhausting, I enjoy the frenzy and the self imposed pressure...after all, I usually get myself into these situations on my own. Being busy with meaningful work, boosts my adrenalin and keeps me happy. Very rarely do I have down time but when I do, I can barely keep my eyes open...right now, I am looking forward to 10 hours of down time in the plane...to recharge for my Turkish adventure! Seeing that it took me over six months to plan our family vacation to Disney World last year, it's hopeless to think I'd have fully planned for Turkey and later Italy in 2 short months! I'm gonna have to resort to going with the flow...